Thursday, October 30, 2008

All I Want for Christmas

Yes, I realize that it might be a touch too early to be thinking about Christmas, but I am selfish. And there are only 56 days til so I am removing a piece of chocolate each day from my giant, invisible Advent calendar.

I'm not big on big gifts; I'm obsessed with tiny trinkets, seashells, diamonds, rhinestones, japanese candy. Anything that can be stockinged, I'm all over. Here is what I would like to find in my stocking come Christmas morn:


All I want for Christmas by Lux Interior

This Duran Duran shirt conflicts me in many ways; as I am such a purist snob, I wouldn't buy it for myself lest I give my vintage-shirt-dollars to The Man, yet it is tiny and has circa-1988 Big Thing logo, which is hard to find in small size. And given F21's notorious (see what I did there? -Ed.) taking things off their website without notice, I might just order it for myself. Hum.

These are so sweet (again with the puns!), and real gold, and only $50, so you could surprise your little sister or your girlfriend. Especially your girlfriend.

I love tiny things, and the more tiny things you can cram into one small space, the better. So the Make Up For Ever 12 Flash Color Case and Philosophy Classic Cookbook are hitting me right in that animal part of the brain. And would ensure I would never be anything less than peacocky and fragrant for at least six months of next year.

Maybe you were part of the school in, uh, school that would eat scented crayons. My petit dejeuner of choice was Lip Smackers, the most delicious being watermelon or Dr. Pepper. Let's split the difference with Fred Flare's Gourmet Scented Pencil Set.

Last, since it is a wishlist, I wish for electronics; the Leica D-Lux 4 would help me take better pictures to become the blogstar I am destined to be. And for these pictures I could pose in front of my Brionvega RR226 cd-tape-record player, teacher, mother, secret lover. Anyone want to lend me 7000 euros?

1 comment:

Defunkd said...

That Duran Duran hurts me in so many ways. Authentic vintage tees are the way to go. Please say NO to REPRO. I'm Jimmy J and I approve this message.