Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Let me just preface by saying I love ebay. In fact, I shop almost exclusively at American Eagle, American Apparel, Old Navy, thrift stores, and ebay. If you don't mind a bit of sport, and the blatant repurposing of thrift store goods and/or frumpy dresses recut to mod-dolly-emo-go-go proportions, you can score some terrific stuff. But what am I telling you that for, you probably outbid me today on a Pucci dress I wanted.

Being a petitely framed person, I sometimes find that regular-sized clothes are too big, and I've had great success in the little girl's department of any thrift store, because they have a tendency to put tiny grown-up clothes over there. On ebay this takes a bizarro turn, as often dresses described as "WIGGLE! TINY FIT! XXS!" are nothing more than children's dresses/coats/blazers what have you, dolled up with Kanye West shades and pigeon-toed stances. As egregious as that was, and is, today I found the following auction, described as "DROP WAIST SHORTS ROMPER":



THIS IS CLEARLY LYCRA-MIX!
THIS IS NO JUMPER!
THIS IS A BATHING SUIT!
Can I be any more greiged??

No comments: