Tuesday, September 16, 2008

In keeping with yesterday's post, and in a desperate attempt to combat my homesickness, we will now discuss a particularly collegiate preoccupation:

Halloween costumes. On October 31, you can't swing a dead cat without hitting a slutty bumblebee, slutty Albert Einstein, or slutty nun. It doesn't seem fair that whatever we ladies dress as, it has to show some kind of skin or we are made to feel awkward and/or unfeminine. I tried to combine the grotesque and the gorgeous (?) last year by dressing as Alice Cooper in Wonderland:



Did you guess? BECAUSE NOBODY LAST YEAR DID

The year before that, though, I got as slutty as I will ever and have ever gotten:

vintage dress and shoes, Prada socks

I don't know what I was supposed to be though; little girl? Lolita? I mainly use Halloween as an excuse for wearing false eyelashes and conning someone into curling my hair. This year I will be Pocahontas (warrior, princess, erstwhile Christian), with a 2 foot long feather headdress. Pictures to follow.

So what are you going to be for Halloween? I know you're reading, I can see you doing it!

No comments: