Monday, April 13, 2009

Things I Didn't Even Know I Wanted

-I saw a girl on Friday night at Wal-Mart (don't judge me) with beautiful, soft, matte waves that flowed across her skull like a font of silken beauty. If she hadn't looked like a bitch, I would have asked her what hair products she used. I think I found it, though:

It hits all the rich girl pointers: it's exclusive to Sephora, it is prohibitively expensive, and yep, gives you matte waves. Now if I can only pony up $24 for this stuff.

I'm a sucker for names; if you call your ebay listing NANCY SINATRA DOLLY TWEE DEPRESSION NEW WAVE DRESS I am 75% more likely to bid on it, even if you're only selling a toilet scrubber.

So these Nars nail polishes are really hitting me in the caveman part of my brain; with names like Arabesque, Pussy Galore (ouch) and Schiap, they are impossible to resist.


In my mad search for mattening hair products (and most of the mattes seem to be waxes, ni goed ni), I found this website full of Camellia oil hair treatments, baby food, and these bizarre hair dyes, which come in colors like Cinnamon Milk Tea and Jewelry Pink. I have always wanted pink hair (but subtle, not shocking), and for $8.99, how can you lose? Well I guess you can lose by not being fluent in Japanese and not having any idea of how to apply or for how long. But I think if you're not living on the edge you're taking up too much room.

Which leads me to my last and final covetable; Today on Luxirare, she featured a pair of thigh-high stockings with back zips, and I felt the proverbial apple fall on my head-I could cobble my own Margiela boots, and make them flats so I need not totter around on a pair of nails! And for considerable less expense!

1 comment:

The Likkle Girl Who Wurves Pwetty Things said...

That GHD stuff works wonders. Especially with their "hair iron".

I have a cupcake for you: http://likklegirl.blogspot.com/2009/04/sweets-for-my-sweet-sugar-for-my-honey.html

xx